Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I am a chef!

Or learning to be one.

I have always been big on baking.
Cookies, cakes, bars... that sort of thing.
But cooking was another story.

I can make pasta, and simple easy things
that help keep someone alive at college.
But homemade items,
not the stuff from a box,
I have never been that great at.

So my mom and I have decided that needs to change.
See my mom is an awesome cook.
She can just throw random things together
and they always turn out so yummy!

This past weekend she taught me how to make a pie crust
(yes this is baking and not cooking but she is a pro at them)
and I must say, it turned out really well!

Well today my parents left to California for a few days,
but I decided that I was still going to cook
and not resort to going to a fast food place for dinner.

So I made Pizza, from SCRATCH!!!
I was pretty proud of myself.
I had never made the dough by myself before
so I was really nervous on how it was going to turn out.

But after checking on it a few times
I think it turned out really well!

I made the sauce as well.
Go me!

(sorry for the weird angle, it happens when I have to use the timer on my camera)


And touchdown on finally cooking for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment