Thursday, February 24, 2011

Awkward and Awesome

Hello there blends!
It's Thursday,
which on this blog means it's time for some
Awkward & Awesome lists!

I always enjoy reading her lists,
because who doesn't have those moments in their own life?

So here is my first attempt at this:

Awkward:
  • Helping someone I know at Maurices, but I can not remember their name.  So I refer to them as hun, hoping they wont call me out on it, or anything that way.
  • I may share the same birthday as Marilyn Monroe, but I don't enjoy having the whole skirt blown up, hand holding it down pose happening that she made famous.  Unfortunately the wind decided it needed to blow this morning and I was on main street....I'm sure you can figure out the rest. 
  • Talking to someone who has something in their nose.  But you don't know them well enough to say they have something in their nose, so you do the whole wipe your nose bit hoping they will get the hint and wipe their nose.  
  • Answer the phone saying, "American National this is Laurie."  Then realizing I am at Maurices, not American National.  Happens way to often.
  • Picking out a quilt from my Grandma's house (it's a wedding gift, and it was way to hard of a decision), narrowing things down by saying, "I'm not really a fan of pink."  Then my fiance looks at my Grandpa who is wearing a pink shirt.  I love you Grandpa, and the fact that you have always worn pink shirts, my whole life.
  • Shopping for a swimsuit. 
  • Watching a movie at the SVC with my fiance, his brothers and their friends.  They were all in the balcony, we were down below.  Perfect time for a make-out right? (don't judge, we are engaged after all...)  Well apparently  some of his employee's found that the perfect time to come in and ask him some questions.  Then proceeded to act like absolutely nothing had happened, which almost just makes it more awkward!  So happy the auditorium was dark so they couldn't see just how red my cheeks were right then.
  • Walking with a limp from my stupid hip after crashing while long boarding.
  • Cleaning my bathroom, singing at the top of my lungs and dancing around, thinking I am alone, then turn and see my brother standing there.  Hi Keldon, don't mind my awesome moves.  Never mind, this one just might be both awkward and awesome. 
Now for the Awesome:
  • Going long boarding with my fiance.  Watching him have no fear with it is so much fun because he is completely in his element. 
  • Also crashing while long boarding and getting some sweet bruises.  I love bruises, always have, always will.
  • Finding a wedding dress! 
  • Having a fiance.  And being able to call him that.  It's a fun word to say.
  • Getting more hours at work.
  • Being able to wear skirts and dresses again without freezing my legs off.
  • Dancing around my room with my nephew as I get ready in the morning.
  • My niece telling me I look beautiful.  When it comes from a 4 year old, you know it's true.
  • Being able to buy wedding magazines, and discuss all things wedding because it is finally official!
  • Red lipstick

Yes this picture is blurry, and its from last year
but it's both Awkward and Awesome for that.


OK your turn now.

Go here and add your awkward and awesome lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment